Who we areThrive Funding Limited is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 10582707. Thrive Funding collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by usWhen you visit our Site, do business with us or register for our services we may collect and process the following personal information:•
- information you give us. You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth/age, gender and other preferences that you state in relation to our services;•
- information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:–
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;•
- information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any other websites we operate or other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How we use your personal informationWe use your personal information:• to send you information you have requested from us;
- to keep you informed about our services;
- to improve the safety and security of our Site;
- to meet legal obligations;
- to improve products/services/processes; and
- to increase business.
Who we share your personal information withWe may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:·
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by us about our customers may be one of the transferred assets; or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Service or to protect the rights, property, security or safety of us, our customers, or others.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law. We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so whyThe provision of your name, email address, phone number and any other information you choose to provide via our online form is required from you to enable us to respond to queries or requests for information. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
How long your personal information will be keptWe keep your personal information for as long as necessary in providing the services you have requested via the Site or as required to comply with our legal obligations, enforce our terms and conditions.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal informationWe are permitted to collect your personal information where you consent to us doing so, for performance of our services and for the other legitimate business interests of marketing our services to clients and subscribers to increase revenue and ensuring our services operate securely and lawfully for clients and users generally. Please note we will only ever use your email address (and no other category of your personal information) for marketing purposes and you will be given the opportunity to opt-out easily at the bottom of every email you receive from us.
Consequences of our use of your personal informationAs a consequence of your providing your name and contact details to us we may contact you from time to time both to respond to any specific queries you have and also to provide you updates about our services and terms and conditions.
Transfer of your information out of the EEAWe normally store data only within the European Economic Area ("EEA"). If one of our service providers (such as our online marketing automation service provider) needs to transfer it outside of the EEA or is located outside of the EEA then we will take steps to ensure adequate privacy protection in line with UK data protection law, is in place. For example, US organisations who are certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework) or contractual safeguards.
Your rightsUnder the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In
summary, those include rights to:
• fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
• access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
• require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
• require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
• receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
• object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
• object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
• object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
• otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances. For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please: email, call or write to us (contact details below)
• let us have enough information to identify you
• let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
• let us know the information to which your request relatesTo unsubscribe from any email correspondence you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of every email we send to you or send an email message to email@example.com with the subject line “Unsubscribe”. If you agree to us providing you with marketing information you can always opt out at a later date.
Keeping your personal information secureWe have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so. Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses. We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
How to complainWe hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this policyThis policy was last updated on 9th May 2019. We may change this policy from time to time. Where the change is material we will publish a notice on the Site.
This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our Site features may not function as a result.
Types of cookies
The cookies we use
Enhances user experience by remembering session history.
Records users authentication session
Assists recognising user’s nationality and language preferences, login, token, username recognition and encoding.
Part of a mechanism to protect against cross site scripting attacks
Enhances user browsing experience – part of load balancing setup
Tracks presentation of the cookie information advice
How to turn off cookies
How to contact us
Changes to this policy
This policy was last updated on 05 September 2019.